Sweetwater Forum

Sweetwater Forum

• 16. April 2024 - 20:30:37
  • Willkommen Gast
Erweiterte Suche  

Neuigkeiten:

Autor Thema: Studio McVey Sedition Wars : Battle for Alabaster bei Kickstarter  (Gelesen 5813 mal)

AndréM

• Bürger
Studio McVey Sedition Wars : Battle for Alabaster bei Kickstarter
« Antwort #75 am: 18. Januar 2013 - 16:09:49 »

Die ersten bemalten Figuren aus dem KS tauchen auf.
Soviel also zu den Unkenrufen gewisser Leute, dass die Minis schlecht seien ;).

> I like Tabletoppers with a stiff upper lip but not a broom up their arse!

> Dublin Mud is a mix of Baily\'s and Guiness... and should not be used to paint ships!

AndréM

• Bürger
« Antwort #76 am: 10. April 2013 - 11:35:21 »

Ein paar neue Infos und Gerüchte:

Zitat
Arms of Sorrow - stand alone game but can also be used as an expansion for BfA.
Release date late 2013 (that depends on a later point)
MSRP $90

Miniatures - 20+ new sculpts, Vanguard versus Strain only about half seen so far and some of those are still in a WIP state.
I\'ve asked Mike if the Firebrand or Bounty Hunters appear in AoS I don\'t believe they do that\'s for the next expansion. I\'ll let you know when I hear back.
The game is a good bit further on in the development stage than it appears in the picture from GAMA.

Expect to hear something more official in the next few weeks but Mike doesn\'t want to say anything yet until it\'s 100% definite.

That is not a generic Gnosis suit.

The Arms of Sorrow is a Bastion class ship and is in orbit over Alabaster station at the time of BfA. The game/expansion takes place on board the AoS from the current fluff at the end of BfA the AoS has been compromised by the Strain, Kara and her team are MIA (so expect other Vanguard characters to feature). 80% of the crew have been \"turned\" the rest have evacuated and a small force is left trying to hold back the Strain. The Strain are trying to take over the ship and fly it into the Alabaster system core where the Vanguard and Firebrand forces are currently engaged. The Strain are ultimately looking for new resources. The AoS AI Tumult has been unable to engage the self destruct so is instead trying to crash the AoS into the nearest star to prevent the strain spreading.

From trask at livingdice.com via SMV forums who spoke with Mike at GAMA

Mike McVey indicated that he wanted to release \"satellite\" expansions usable with Arms of Sorrow and Battle for Alabaster.
He indicated that the satellite games required a lot of resources to publish and they \"might well kickstart it\" (it being Arms of Sorrow and the satellites) as an alternative.
That said, his final word was \"not sure.\"

So it might get a Kickstarter to fund further expansions to BfA and AoS but nothing has been decided one way or another on that front yet.

> Dublin Mud is a mix of Baily\'s and Guiness... and should not be used to paint ships!

Diomedes

• Administrator
  • Edelmann
« Antwort #77 am: 10. April 2013 - 13:47:46 »

Sollen sie erstmal Wave 2 vom ersten KS fertig machen. Relic Knights wurde gerade um 6 Monate verschoben und Zombicide 1 ist wohl noch immer nicht komplett ausgeliefert. :wacko:

Meine SW Wave 1 Lieferung ist auch noch immer nicht komplett...
Inquisitor Thrax cleared his throat and dictated the last section of his report.

AndréM

• Bürger
« Antwort #78 am: 16. April 2013 - 12:53:46 »

Version 1.5 des Regelwerks wird demnächst zum als DL erhältlich sein.

Kommt Ende des Jahres:

Official Post:

Zitat
Hi guys

When we fist conceived Arms of Sorrow (quite some time ago...) it was going to be a small expansion for Battle for Alabaster - primarily designed to tie-up the storyline from the first game, and continued the fight between the Strain and Vanguard. That would then set up a larger release which would introduce two new factions. As we started to develop AoS, it soon became clear that what we were in fact working on, was another product the size of Battle for Alabaster - which would be a stand alone game in it\'s own right. This left me in a difficult position - I had already announced Arms of Sorrow (at the end of the BfA rule book), but I desperately wanted to bring in the new factions as well.

What I have decided to do, is (broadly speaking) both.

Arms of Sorrow will be a direct continuation of Battle for Alabaster, with the action taking place on the Vanguard Bastion ship. It will be a stand alone game of the same size as Battle for Alabaster. It will contain all new miniatures for Vanguard and Strain, counters and tokens, completely new tiles and a new rule and scenario book. The core rules will be the same as BfA, but it will introduce some new elements (which would be usable in either game). At the same time we will release two smaller expansions - one for Firebrand and one for Bounty Dogs. - Each will contain brand new miniatures, cards, rule and scenario book, counters and some new tiles. These will be usable with either BfA or AoS, though the narrative will link them in primarily with AoS.

It just makes more sense to me to release the new factions as expansions - so if you already have BfA, you don\'t need to buy the game again (which is essentially what you will be doing if AoS was Firebrand vs Bounty Dogs) to get the new material. Or if you just want the Firebrand, you don\'t have to buy the Bounty Dogs as well (and vice-versa).

We\'re already pretty deep into development on this stuff and 90% of the miniatures are done for AoS. I\'m not going to talk about release dates at the moment though.

As a preview, we are going to have resins of two of the character miniatures for AoS at Salute this weekend - Phaedrus Chirurge and Commodore Grist. We\'ll have very limited numbers of both for sale.

Phaedrus is on a 40mm base in this picture, Grist on a 50mm

Anyway - I hope that answers some of your questions about what we\'re planning.

cheers

mike

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/downloadAttach/147785.page
http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/downloadAttach/147784.page