Sweetwater Forum

Sweetwater Forum

• 28. März 2024 - 10:39:01
  • Willkommen Gast
Erweiterte Suche  

Neuigkeiten:

Autor Thema: Pursue/Overrun Bewegung nachdem Einheit im Melee vernichtet wurde?  (Gelesen 14725 mal)

Wellington

• Edelmann
Pursue/Overrun Bewegung nachdem Einheit im Melee vernichtet wurde?
« Antwort #15 am: 21. Juli 2014 - 21:17:10 »

@drake

Yep, aber das müssen wir mal austesten, oder tatsächlich mal im Impetus Forum anfragen warum es diese Overrun Bewegung nicht gibt.
Weniger labern, mehr spielen ...

Wellingtons Martktplatz

Axebreaker

• Bürger
« Antwort #16 am: 21. Juli 2014 - 23:28:08 »

Zitat
Ich würd sagen wir bleiben erstmal bei den normalen Regeln.
I agree.

Christopher

MixusMaximus

• Schuster
« Antwort #17 am: 01. August 2014 - 14:40:58 »

Die Bewegung gibt es, haben wir auch gegen Lorenzo so gespielt.
Mein Kamerad ist aus Zinn. :friends:

Hanno Barka

• Administrator
  • Edelmann
« Antwort #18 am: 02. August 2014 - 15:23:49 »

Pursuit Bewegung gibt es : S. 39, 7.6.4

(HC, Chariots) ... that win a melee MUST immideatly pursue the enemy by the number of U rolled on a d6 if the latter is RETREATING OR has been DESTROYED.
(...)
Impetous infantry MUST pursue by half the number of U rolled on a d6 (rounded up)
(...)
Pursuit is an option for other troops with an impetus bonus grater than 0. Troops with an impteus bonus of 0 may not pursue (Ãœbersetzungsfehler, sollte \"must\" heissen)
In both cases refer to the original value of the list, so for example troops that are no longer fresh may pursue even if they don\'t get their impetus bonus anymore.
Infantry are not allowed to pursue a compulsory retret of CM, CL and CGL after loosing a melee (7.6.2.)
(...)

Das heisst also HC und Chariots und impetous Infantry müssen immer verfolgen, Skirmisher und die meisten T dürfen nicht, bei den restlichen Truppen bleibts dem Spieler überlassen was er machen will. Nur leichte und mittlere Cav darf von Infantrie nicht verfolgt werden.
Dabei spielt es keine Rolle ob der Gegner nur \"retreating\" ist, oder \"destroyed\" wurde.

Es macht durchaus Sinn zerstörte Einheiten zu verfolgen, denn in der Realität löst sich die Einheit nicht von einer Sekunde zur anderen in Luft auf - die Einheit bricht auseinander und die Leute rennen davon. Die Aufzeichnungen über Verluste und Verwundete in den Lazaretten der Antike legen sogar nahe, daß die auseinanderbrechende Einheit noch den Großteil ihrer Soldaten hatte und die meisten Toten und Verwundeten aus der Verfolgung fliehender Einheiten resultierten, nicht aus dem frontalem Kampf.
Es war auch immer wieder ein Disziplinproblem, weil siegreiche Einheiten ihre Gegner oft weit verfolgten noch bevor die Schlacht vorbei war.
Antigonos verlor Schlacht und Leben, weil seine überlegene Kavallerie die ptolemäische Reiterei stundenlang verfolgte und als sie dann endlich zurück aufs Schalchtfeld kam, hatte die Infantrie von Ptolemäus die Schlacht längst entschieden...
Es wird auch immer wieder erwähnt, wie ungewöhnlich  diszipliniert die Companion Kavallerie von Alexander war, da er sie bei Gauagamela mitten in der Verfolgung von Dareios sammeln und wieder in die Schlacht zum bedrängten linken Flügel führen konnte.
« Letzte Änderung: 01. Januar 1970 - 01:00:00 von 1406986363 »
Mit meiner brandneuen ergonomischen Gamingtastatur geschrieben. Kryptische Wortschöpfungen sind tastatur-, geschicklichkeits- und koordinationsbedingt und nicht als Zeichen geistigen Verfalls zu werten!

Graue Maus A.D. - Jetzt im Dienst Karthagos nördlich der italischen Alpenpässe.

Axebreaker

• Bürger
« Antwort #19 am: 02. August 2014 - 18:29:14 »

Yes... it would seem so. Basically my understanding after further reading and info gathering is that pursuits are possible after retreating units and even after units have been destroyed. The problem is the rules are to loosely written and need to be tightened up as they are far to open for interpretation. Fortunately Lorenzo is writing a new version for next year that will hopefully clear many of these things up until then we can just do our best and ignore the mistakes we are bound to make. :)

Christopher

Hanno Barka

• Administrator
  • Edelmann
« Antwort #20 am: 02. August 2014 - 21:54:55 »

In this case the rules are pretty clear - it\'s more a problem of the layout of the paragraph that makes it easy to overlook it :)
And if you consider that the book is a \"one man show\" from Lorenzo who does the writing, the setting and layout and the preprintprocessing all on his own I think he is doing a great job  :dance4:
Mit meiner brandneuen ergonomischen Gamingtastatur geschrieben. Kryptische Wortschöpfungen sind tastatur-, geschicklichkeits- und koordinationsbedingt und nicht als Zeichen geistigen Verfalls zu werten!

Axebreaker

• Bürger
« Antwort #21 am: 02. August 2014 - 22:48:10 »

Zitat
In this case the rules are pretty clear - it\'s more a problem of the layout of the paragraph that makes it easy to overlook it
No, only if you make assumption\'s. Without the benefit of Lorenzo\'s personal input arguments could easily be made. Point of fact it needs to be written more concisely.

Zitat
nd if you consider that the book is a \"one man show\" from Lorenzo who
does the writing, the setting and layout and the preprintprocessing all
on his own I think he is doing a great job
Of course I sympathize with the workload and fully support his efforts not to mention I\'m obviously a fan and am impressed with his game. We are all on the same team here and need to offer good constructive criticism to help the rules grow and saying things are fine when they are not isn\'t very helpful IMHO. There are now plenty of dedicated gamers that can help Lorenzo go over things so he does not have to go it all alone on the next edition. Jim for example I think would be an excellent proof reader and I would not be surprised if he was already in discussion with Lorenzo to help out.

Christopher

Wellington

• Edelmann
« Antwort #22 am: 02. August 2014 - 23:07:15 »

Zitat von: \'Greymouse\',\'index.php?page=Thread&postID=170848#post170848
Pursuit Bewegung gibt es : S. 39, 7.6.4

(HC, Chariots) ... that win a melee MUST immideatly pursue the enemy by the number of U rolled on a d6 if the latter is RETREATING OR has been DESTROYED.
(...)
Danke! Ich wußte ja dass da was ist und habs immer überlesen!
Weniger labern, mehr spielen ...

Wellingtons Martktplatz

Hanno Barka

• Administrator
  • Edelmann
« Antwort #23 am: 03. August 2014 - 08:43:32 »

Zitat von: \'Axebreaker\',\'index.php?page=Thread&postID=170890#post170890
Point of fact it needs to be written more concisely.

I\'m totally with you. Of course constructive criticism is important and as yo are a native English speaker I\'m sure you can give a lot of valuable input. Jim is busily helping  with proofreading afaik but maybe you\'d be able to help out a bit as well if your time allows?

Axebreaker

• Bürger
« Antwort #24 am: 03. August 2014 - 15:24:17 »

Zitat
I\'m totally with you. Of course constructive criticism is important and
as yo are a native English speaker I\'m sure you can give a lot of
valuable input. Jim is busily helping with proofreading afaik but maybe
you\'d be able to help out a bit as well if your time allows?
I would be more then happy to, but native speaker notwithstanding grammar was never my best suit so someone else would be better stepping into the breach on that..... :blush2: that said, I can look at sentences from a wargamers angle and help remove grey areas. While no rule set is ever fault free I think the no version will be more clear with all the help as there are quite a few dedicated players on the Impetus forum. :)

Christopher