Sweetwater Forum

Sweetwater Forum

• 28. März 2024 - 14:54:25
  • Willkommen Gast
Erweiterte Suche  

Neuigkeiten:

Autor Thema: Tiger Tank formations?  (Gelesen 2451 mal)

Axebreaker

• Bürger
Tiger Tank formations?
« am: 25. November 2008 - 22:05:32 »

Hello everyone,

I have two questions and I hope somebody can help me. :)

I\'ve just started FOW and I haven\'t collected any mini\'s yet as I\'m not sure what formation I\'m interested in yet.I own the FOW Revised Rulebook and the new Fortress Europe.

My first question is that I looking to collect a Panzerkompanie and I noticed that you can only get Tiger tanks as a support option.I was wondering if they have rules for a Tiger Kompanie? :whistling: They probely don\'t for two reasons I suspect and that this might be too hard and as a rule Tigers where most often sent in platoon sized elements where needed.I\'m just curious that\'s all.

My second question is where are the rules if you wish to collect a Waffen SS formation?All I saw was a short paragraph under variant forces in which they said if you play 1500pts and you decide to make your formation Waffen SS then all your troops become fearless and you may only spend 1250pts.Am I to understand that you can take any German force and declare it Waffen SS,become fearless and are allowed 20% less points then your opponent? ?( If not,could someone refer me to the rules for the Waffen SS.

I would appreciate any help someone give me. :D

On the otherhand the Fallschirmjägerkompanie looks very nice as well,maybe................................... :evilgrin:

Koppi (thrifles)

• Edelmann
Tiger Tank formations?
« Antwort #1 am: 25. November 2008 - 22:26:22 »

The Intelligence Briefings of the Various XX Formations are in \"Cobra\" supplement.

For a first view have a look here

http://www.flamesofwar.com/hobby.aspx?art_id=847

and here

http://www.flamesofwar.com/Default.aspx?tabid=108
http://www.thrifles.blogspot.com/

http://www.dminis.com/thrifles/galleries/

\" ... Artillerieeinheiten der wichtigsten Nationen (Preußen, Österreich, Russland, Großbritannien ...) sind \"gefärbt\". Das Holz der Kanonen ist bei den Preußen z.B. blau, weil das die Farbe der Nation im Spiel ist (grün für Russland usw.). Das alles sieht scheiße und spielzeugmäßig aus...\"
Zitat aus einer Besprechung von Napoleon Total War

Axebreaker

• Bürger
Tiger Tank formations?
« Antwort #2 am: 25. November 2008 - 22:36:18 »

Great!Thank you for the help  thrifles (Koppi) !:D

Hotwing

• Leinwandweber
Tiger Tank formations?
« Antwort #3 am: 26. November 2008 - 07:34:12 »

Moin,

in Villers Bocage you can find the Intelligence Briefing for the 101. Schwere Tiger Kompanie.

Greetings
Hotwing

MacB

• Gast
Tiger Tank formations?
« Antwort #4 am: 26. November 2008 - 07:53:04 »

In addition, rumour goes that there will be a regular Wehrmacht Tigerkompanie in one of the forthcoming Bagration books.

Axebreaker

• Bürger
Tiger Tank formations?
« Antwort #5 am: 26. November 2008 - 10:56:34 »

@Everyone

Thank you!I appreciate the help. :phatgrin:

@Hotwing

I thought Villers Bocage just might.(Mr. Wittmann and company) ;)

@Macbe

When I recieved my copy of Fortress Europe I was surprised they left out both Wehrmacht and SS Tigerkompanie  concidering the fact its on overall force list for Europe. ?( The fact that they had no information at all on SS formations was a bit of a puzzle.Not to mention for American and British players they need a whole different book for Airborne forces.One thing I\'ve noticed since starting up FOW is something you veterens already know is that it\'s GW for historical wargaming.In that you have to always buy more to get access to something else although their models are very nice and well made it\'s still way over priced. :dead: Of course I\'ll still spend the money,but I will make sure I buy what I want and research before I make any purchases. ;)
« Letzte Änderung: 01. Januar 1970 - 01:00:00 von 1227694004 »

Schrumpfkopf

• Bürger
Tiger Tank formations?
« Antwort #6 am: 26. November 2008 - 11:40:00 »

Zitat von: \'Axebreaker\',index.php?page=Thread&postID=16183#post16183
@Everyone

Thank you!I appreciate the help. :phatgrin:

@Hotwing

I thought Villers Bocage just might.(Mr. Wittmann and company) ;)

@Macbe

When I recieved my copy of Fortress Europe I was surprised they left out both Wehrmacht and SS Tigerkompanie concidering the fact its on overall force list for Europe. ?( The fact that they had no information at all on SS formations was a bit of a puzzle.Not to mention for American and British players they need a whole different book for Airborne forces.One thing I\'ve noticed since starting up FOW is something you veterens already know is that it\'s GW for historical wargaming.In that you have to always buy more to get access to something else although their models are very nice and well made it\'s still way over priced. :dead: Of course I\'ll still spend the money,but I will make sure I buy what I want and research before I make any purchases. ;)
Most soldiers in this war have never seen a Tiger, so even if fun it\'s not exaclty the most common view on the battlefield.
~1000 (?) were build and spread all over the world =) - Whermacht (as far as i know) never had \"schwere Panzerkompanien\" like the SS. They had \"schwere Abteilungen\" attached to Panzer og Pzgr. Divisionen. (siehe Afrika, Ostfront, etc)
Esst mehr Schwein, es schmeckt so fein.

Axebreaker

• Bürger
Tiger Tank formations?
« Antwort #7 am: 26. November 2008 - 12:24:20 »

I said as much when I opened this theme. ;)
Zitat
and as a rule Tigers where most often sent in platoon sized elements where needed.
This would pretty much refer that they were few in number. ;)Besides it\'s pretty much common knowledge there were not a great deal of them in the war,even I know this and I\'m not an avid World War II student or player.
All that said, many like to play them because they were awesome looking tanks(I for one think so) and would be fun to field from time to time. :)

At my club it\'s pretty funny but I\'m the only American,but I play the Germans and most of the rest play Americans and Brits.
My plan is too present several different German Formations.

1.Waffen SS Panzerkompanie leaning towards Panthers
2.Waffen SS Tiger Formation for fun from time to time
3.Fallschirmjägerkompanie
4.SS PanzerGrenadierkompanie later down the road perhaps

There are several reasons for my choice
The first and most important is that I really like the look of these troops and vechicles. :thumbup:
The second is that they are expensive in terms of points and I have fewer models to paint(I paint slowwwwwwwww) ;)  :thumbup:
The last is I like to play elite armies as I handle this better.I\'m used to being outnumbered and this lends to careful planning.Some players like large hordes of troops that are not as reliable.I like to plan and have a reasonable expectation that my troops will respond to my ideas.Almost all armies I collect are this way except perhaps AWI BG where I\'m playing Americans and my troops are not very reliable,but this is an exception to my normal army choices. :) Hell,in WAB I collect expensive Barbarians(Germans,stubborn=cost more) : :lol: : In addition to Vikings and others.
« Letzte Änderung: 01. Januar 1970 - 01:00:00 von 1227699406 »