Sweetwater Forum

Sweetwater Forum

• 24. April 2024 - 20:59:53
  • Willkommen Gast
Erweiterte Suche  

Neuigkeiten:

Autor Thema: D-Day Landung mit Rapid Fire Regeln  (Gelesen 5006 mal)

Angrist

• Bürger
D-Day Landung mit Rapid Fire Regeln
« Antwort #15 am: 07. Dezember 2008 - 00:58:59 »

so, da zwei sprachen mitlesen das ganze jeweils

English
As much as i like your pictures, I have to ask, why are there no pictures of the other tables?

If I would have arranged such a big game, I would have \"ordered\" anybody to make a gaming report and pictures (don´t know if thats the right word)
or is there an english site with more pictures, maybe in some days when others upload their pictures?
You wrote that the Germans won, and it would be great to read about this and sea pictures

Deutsch
So arg ich die Bilder mag, frage ich mich doch wieso es keine bilder von den anderen tischen gibt..
Hätte ich so was riesiges organisiert hätte ich jedem der mitmacht \"befohlen\" einen spielbericht mit photos

Du schreibst ja das die Deutschen gewannen, und das WIE würde mich da sehr interessieren
Registriert euch bei http://www.spielerzentrale.de und sorgt dafür, das jeder Suchende einen historischen TTler in seiner Nähe findet.

Abrüstung mit Frieden zu verwechseln, ist ein schwerer Fehler.
Winston Churchchill

Axebreaker

• Bürger
« Antwort #16 am: 07. Dezember 2008 - 10:10:34 »

@Jimo

Zitat
The participating units on both sides incl. their deployments were gamed as according to the real battles. Of course only downsized. There were no German tanks etc. on or near the beaches. These were defended by small arms, MG\'s, emplacements, AT-guns and called in artillery. The job of the defenders was to uphold the Allies until relief was present. Also keep in mind that the use of German heavy weapons was restricted at first because Adolf was still taking his \"Schönheitsschlaf

I understand this, :rolleyes: I don\'t know the rules and what other defenses the germans were allowed.When you look at the pictures it looks like the allies were able to get all of there assualting troops on the table.Were there rules for sinking transports,vechicles lost at sea,and off board artillery to help augment the lack of german troops.

Zitat
Anyway ... also keep in mind, in our game ... the Germans won!

That\'s what I find surprising! 8o Go back and look at your pics.It shows a few german infantry fighting off wave after wave of ally tanks. :blackeye: It looks like the allies had no problems getting everything on shore.That\'s what I mean by if the germans won there must have been alot of unseen rules and restrictions to the scanario.

Anyways,all my comments take nothing away from your nice pics and interesting fluff.Nice work! :thumbup:

Jimo

• Schuster
« Antwort #17 am: 07. Dezember 2008 - 13:21:17 »

Zitat von: \'Axebreaker\',index.php?page=Thread&postID=16761#post16761
... I don\'t know the rules and what other defenses the germans were allowed.When you look at the pictures it looks like the allies were able to get all of there assualting troops on the table.Were there rules for sinking transports,vechicles lost at sea,and off board artillery to help augment the lack of german troops.

Good question actually. Yes, the Germans had the opportunity to fire (with their artillery and/or emplacement guns) at the incoming Allies. Only they didn\'t do very well with their dice throwing. On the other hand we\'ve had games were they were pretty effective. Hitting an incoming LCM, LCT etc. and causing heavyy damages. On gamer once (on another D-Day game took out a complete infantry battalion and a squadron of tanks plus some Hobart funnies (bridgelayers etc.). I lost more than 33% of my brigade before I had even hit the beach in the first two rounds! Never mind getting off of it!

Zitat
My quote: Anyway ... also keep in mind, in our game ... the Germans won! Your comment: That\'s what I find surprising! Go back and look at your pics.It shows a few german infantry fighting off wave after wave of ally tanks. It looks like the allies had no problems getting everything on shore.That\'s what I mean by if the germans won there must have been alot of unseen rules and restrictions to the scanario.

Keep in mind the Allies won on our (!) gameboards. Actually two boards. On the other 4 boards the Germans won! If say our boards were No.5 & 6, I know that ther Germans made a tough counterattack on boards 1 and 2 (Sword Beach, that\'s Ouistreham, Lion-sur-Mer etc., plus \"Pegasus\" bridge and the Ranville area) and pretty much clobbered the Allies. They were great in defense (as far as I could tell) and their mentioned counterattack by 21st Panzer Counterattack was deadly. The Paras, which landed in the \"back-yard\"  were pretty much taken out. Heavy casualties simply because the Brits couldn\'t get their relief forces through to them in time. On boards 3 and 4 (Juno etc.) the Allies hit the beach quite well (as far as I could tell) but had a difficult time getting into the \"hinterland\". Most important with these games, very typical for Rapid Fire rules, isn\'t the amount of stuff that\'s on the board, or how many enemy units you destroy, but if you obtain your objectives !!! And on this the Allies pretty much failed. In other words: On my boards (5 & 6) my allied co-gamers and myself were awarded a victory, but all in all, the complete Allied force were defeated.  

Also keep in mind that it\'s not easy to destroy a dug in enemy, especially if he\'s in emplacements etc. Also not to forget that you usually don\'t see infantry on the board if they have been taken out, they are removed. Destroyed vehicles remain on the board. Many players also play with hidden units (I only play this way). Some use dummy markers or just keep a record of their placement on a piece of paper. So as long as you haven\'t dedected the enemy (line of obesrvation, observation distances, has the enemy fired) you don\'t know were he is and the model won\'t show up on the table.

Zitat
... all my comments take nothing away from your nice pics and interesting fluff.Nice work! :thumbup:

No problem, you\'re most welcome! Hope this helps ...
\"Die Amerikaner werden immer das Richtige tun ... nachdem sie alle Alternativen ausgeschöpft haben.\"

Winston Churchill ... nicht wirklich

\"Ich mache wohl als einziger Mensch immer alles richtig. Nachdem ich alle alternativen Fakten ausgeschöpft habe.\"

Donald T. Trump ... habe ich gehört, oder hat man mir gesagt, oder hab ich es von meinen Mitarbeitern?

Jimo

• Schuster
« Antwort #18 am: 07. Dezember 2008 - 16:38:22 »

Zitat von: \'Angrist\',index.php?page=Thread&postID=16755#post16755
So arg ich die Bilder mag, frage ich mich doch wieso es keine bilder von den anderen tischen gibt.. Du schreibst ja das die Deutschen gewannen, und das WIE würde mich da sehr interessieren

Zu mehr habe ich nicht die Zeit. Einige Bilder mehr, ein Teil, die restlichen Bilder der anderen Spieltische, insb. Junostrandabschnitt. Da jeder Spieler mit seinem eigene Spiel beschäftigt war, hatte man kaum Zeit Bilder während des Spiels zu machen. So könnte man lediglich einen Bericht seines eigenes Spielbereiches geben. Was auf den anderen Tischen passierte interessiert nicht, hatte man eh nicht die Zeit zu, da zeitlich restriktiv gespielt wurde (mit Absicht):

Juno Strandabschnitt (u.a. Kanadier, quasi Tisch 3, rechte Hälfte, der größte von allen) unmittelbar vor Spielbeginn.

Auf dem obigen Bild auch Tisch 6, hinten, rechts, Bayeux, und Gold, Tisch 5 zu erkennen, ganz rechts.

Juno, linke Hälfte. Hinten, links, Sword mit Ouistreham und Pegasusbrücke (Tisch 1) zu erkennen, hinten, rechts, Ranville, Raum der brit. Luftlandungen (Tisch 2).

Juno. Die Kanadier erleiden schwere Verluste bereits am Strand.

Bilder vom Big Game, \"A Bridge too far. Arnheim\", 2006

Groesbeck Heights. Luftlanderaum der Amerikaner

Osterbeek mit Arnheim im Hintergrund

Britische Paras marschieren Richtung Arnheim Brücke

Luftlanderaum

Wie \"gewonnen\" wurde? Jeder Tisch hatte 2 Hälften. Für jede Hälfte gab es bei Erfüllung des Auftrags (z.B. Erobere und halte den Höhenzug von Mont Fleury) 1/2 Punkt. Bei einem Unentschieden 1/4. Bei 6 Tischen waren also maximal ein Sieg von 6:0 möglich ... oder eine Niederlage mit 0:6. \"Mein\" Spielbereich, wie im Posting vorher bereits erwähnt, hatte auf Tische 5 & 6 mit 1 1/2 zu 1/2 gewonnen. Insgesamt gewannen jedoch die Deutschen!

Es lagen von allen Spieltischen Spielberichte vor, die jedoch bei einem Forencrash zum größten Teil verlorengingen. Lust sich die stundenlange Arbeit erneut zu machen, hatte kaum jemand. Die Teilnehmer haben i.a.R. ihre Bilder auf ihren Rechnern und schwelgen eben in ihren phantastischen Erinnerungen des Spiels. Andere Bildersammlungen sind nur Mitgliedern der relevanten Foren zugänglich. Der ureigentlich, der SOGG, The Society of Gentlemen Gamer, vormals Gentleman\'s Wargamer Parlour, ist sehr restriktiv in der Aufnahme neuer Mitglieder.

Genug ... Hunderte Figuren warten darauf innerhalb der nächsten 2 Wochen gebaset zu werden ...
« Letzte Änderung: 01. Januar 1970 - 01:00:00 von 1242296812 »
\"Die Amerikaner werden immer das Richtige tun ... nachdem sie alle Alternativen ausgeschöpft haben.\"

\"Ich mache wohl als einziger Mensch immer alles richtig. Nachdem ich alle alternativen Fakten ausgeschöpft habe.\"

Donald T. Trump ... habe ich gehört, oder hat man mir gesagt, oder hab ich es von meinen Mitarbeitern?

Axebreaker

• Bürger
« Antwort #19 am: 07. Dezember 2008 - 20:30:44 »

@Jimo
Zitat
Also not to forget that you usually don\'t see infantry on the board if they have been taken out, they are removed. Destroyed vehicles remain on the board. Many players also play with hidden units (I only play this way). Some use dummy markers or just keep a record of their placement on a piece of paper. So as long as you haven\'t dedected the enemy (line of obesrvation, observation distances, has the enemy fired) you don\'t know were he is and the model won\'t show up on the table

Ahhhh,yes that explains alot about the hidden rules and restrictions I was thinking about .8o

Also, the next set of pics are also really great! :thumbsup:That Arnhem table is simply awesome! :pump:

Where do these games take place again?And if possible I\'d like to try and attend your next one if I have the time. :D

Really nice stuff. :beer:

Angrist

• Bürger
« Antwort #20 am: 07. Dezember 2008 - 21:02:38 »

@
I´ve never heard about the SOGG before
and in their message board
http://xsorbit28.com/users5/thesocietyofgamers/index.php
I find a lot of great pictures, everybody should take some looks there  :)
but there´s no information page about the group
maybe you can tell us more about them

do you think it´s the right attitude towards wargaming?
Registriert euch bei http://www.spielerzentrale.de und sorgt dafür, das jeder Suchende einen historischen TTler in seiner Nähe findet.

Winston Churchchill

Axebreaker

• Bürger
« Antwort #21 am: 07. Dezember 2008 - 21:26:07 »

@Angrist

Zitat
do you think it´s the right attitude towards wargaming?

Who are writing too? :whistling: I assume it\'s me since you decided to use english.And please state why your asking that question,because I fail to understand your meaning.Please enlighten me on your perspective so I can better reply :) .

Angrist

• Bürger
« Antwort #22 am: 07. Dezember 2008 - 22:00:35 »

@Axebreaker

the question was directed at Jimo, he wrote sth in English somewhere,and it´s a question towards the english wargamers, so maybe because of this I replied in English.

Sometimes things get kind of confused if theres a lot of crossposting in different languages, and I don´t want to search for the persons first post, maybe 3 pages before, to find out his original language.

I refer to this part of Jimos posting which I marked red
This society creates a lot of great stuff, (just look at the stuff on the link I posted,) but these \"elitism\" is sth. that has nothing to do with wargaming as I know it.
Because as you know, in Germany it´s a very open scene, we are happy about every player we find.
Apart from maybe Frankfurt, Berlin and Hamburg, it would be impossible to do sth, just because you have to be glad for those people you find, who want to play.

Zitat
Wie \"gewonnen\" wurde? Jeder Tisch hatte 2 Hälften. Für jede Hälfte gab es bei Erfüllung des Auftrags (z.B. Erobere und halte den Höhenzug von Mont Fleury) 1/2 Punkt. Bei einem Unentschieden 1/4. Bei 6 Tischen waren also maximal ein Sieg von 6:0 möglich ... oder eine Niederlage mit 0:6. \"Mein\" Spielbereich, wie im Posting vorher bereits erwähnt, hatte auf Tische 5 & 6 mit 1 1/2 zu 1/2 gewonnen. Insgesamt gewannen jedoch die Deutschen!

Es lagen von allen Spieltischen Spielberichte vor, die jedoch bei einem Forencrash zum größten Teil verlorengingen. Lust sich die stundenlange Arbeit erneut zu machen, hatte kaum jemand. Die Teilnehmer haben i.a.R. ihre Bilder auf ihren Rechnern und schwelgen eben in ihren phantastischen Erinnerungen des Spiels. Andere Bildersammlungen sind nur Mitgliedern der relevanten Foren zugänglich. Der ureigentlich, der SOGG, The Society of Gentlemen Gamer, vormals Gentleman\'s Wargamer Parlour, ist sehr restriktiv in der Aufnahme neuer Mitglieder.

Winston Churchchill

Axebreaker

• Bürger
« Antwort #23 am: 07. Dezember 2008 - 22:14:47 »

@Angrist

Thank you for the quick answer and I now understand.Thank you for clearing it up nicely. :)

I haven\'t looked at the site in detail yet,so I cannot comment if it is elitist in attitude just yet. :rolleyes:

Zitat
Because as you know, in Germany it´s a very open scene, we are happy about every player we find.

We have no choice! :lol: Besides,as far as the historical scene goes everyone I\'ve met so far has been really nice and a fun to play with.So,Germany may not be many,but what we do have are a real pleasure to play with so far I must say! :D

Another good thing is that we are growing and one day maybe we won\'t need to travel to a large city to play. :thumbup:

Angrist

• Bürger
« Antwort #24 am: 07. Dezember 2008 - 22:37:59 »

@Axebreaker
I didn´t say that the website is \"elite\", talking there seems quite normal,

bu as Jimo said , they don´t let everybody in (and of course nor rules etc are posted), and thats a lot of \"elitism\" for a messageboard I would say

Maybe Jimo can tell us more

a message board with so much content and only about 110 members, is kind of strange,at least  
I think so.

Winston Churchchill

Axebreaker

• Bürger
« Antwort #25 am: 07. Dezember 2008 - 22:56:38 »

@Angrist

I think I get his meaning in that they are not interested in \"power gamers\" and are looking for players that are more into playing historical recreations or \"fair\" play.Although \"power gaming\"  tends to occur less often in the historical scene in the first place.With that said,I am only making an assumption and could be way off base. :whistling:

Angrist

• Bürger
« Antwort #26 am: 07. Dezember 2008 - 23:09:25 »

If they would be against power gamers, I think then there would be more members on the website,

I hope Jimo is willing to tell us sth. about them

Winston Churchchill

Jimo

• Schuster
« Antwort #27 am: 08. Dezember 2008 - 00:02:36 »

Zitat von: \'Axebreaker\',index.php?page=Thread&postID=16816#post16816
Where do these games take place again?And if possible I\'d like to try and attend your next one if I have the time. ...

Wilberfoss, Yorkshire, Nordengland. Ca. 10 Meilen östlich von York. Ganz  kleiner Ort mit einem kleinen Laden, einem guten ... echten ... Pub und gerader, über die Straße, die Halle der Gemeinde. Dort wird gespielt. Regelerfinder Colin Rumford wohnt nur um die Ecke.

Keine Chance mehr zur Anmeldung. Quasi 1 Woche (im Juni) nach dem letzten Spiel war die Spielerliste voll. Es gibt sogar eine Reserveliste die auch schon einige Namen trägt. Schlechte Karten ...

Jimo

• Schuster
« Antwort #28 am: 08. Dezember 2008 - 00:13:01 »

Zitat von: \'Angrist\',index.php?page=Thread&postID=16818#post16818
@
... but there´s no information page about the group maybe you can tell us more about them

Sie haben auch kein großes Interesse insUnermeßliche zu wachsen. Es ist eben ein \"Gentlemens Club\". Man kommt i.a.R. nur per Antrag und Empfehlung rein. Der Clubgedanke entstand aus einem Scherz heraus, wird aber durchaus Ernst genommen. Die Anzahl der Mitglieder zwischen 100-125 ist beabsichtigt. Man will lieber Klasse statt Masse. Wer z.B. nicht regelmäßig und halbwegs Qualität posted wir zur Tür gewiesen. Flamewars gibt es nicht, Fluchwörter \"gehören\" sich nicht, etc. Man unterstützt sich gegenseitig und beim Spiel ist Fairness und gute Humor absolut angesagt. Man stellt sich im Mitgkliederbereich mit Photo, echtem Namen und Adresse vor. Keine Fakes. Regelpedanten, Nörgler etc. haben keine Chance. Snobs vielleicht? Who cares?

Zitat
you think it´s the right attitude towards wargaming?

I don\'t understand the question. Wie bitte?
« Letzte Änderung: 01. Januar 1970 - 01:00:00 von 1228692771 »

Jimo

• Schuster
« Antwort #29 am: 08. Dezember 2008 - 00:22:22 »

Zitat von: \'Angrist\',index.php?page=Thread&postID=16824#post16824
... the question was directed at Jimo, he wrote sth in English somewhere ...

Ich antworte in Englisch wenn ich auf Englisch angesprochen werde.

Zitat
... but these \"elitism\" is sth. that has nothing to do with wargaming as I know it. ... in Germany it´s a very open scene, we are happy about every player we find...

Der Truppe ist es egal, ob sie als \"Elite\" angesehen wird. Einen Anspruch den sie selbst nie an sich stellen würden. Sie haben aber eben kein Problem mit \"Spielernachwuchs\". Spieler gibt es genug, Vereine en Masse in Britannien, pro Monat ca. 1-2 Konventions Land auf, Land ab. Ich rede nur vom historischen Wargaming.