Sweetwater Forum

Sweetwater Forum

• 28. MĂ€rz 2024 - 16:45:18
  • Willkommen Gast
Erweiterte Suche  

Neuigkeiten:

Autor Thema: Things to come in Impetus2  (Gelesen 5354 mal)

Axebreaker

• BĂŒrger
  • BeitrĂ€ge: 2.458
Things to come in Impetus2
« am: 19. Januar 2015 - 13:00:07 »

New amendments have been released for Impetus:

http://impetus.ativiforum.com/t363-2015-official-amendments

These amendments will likely go into Impetus2 set to be released sometime this year.

I personally think these amendments are great and solve some of the issues we were having with Impetus. I feel this is a great improvement and since Impetus is my gaming system of choice I\'m pretty excited and looking forward to giving them a test run.

Christopher

Mehrunes

• BĂŒrger
  • BeitrĂ€ge: 2.007
« Antwort #1 am: 19. Januar 2015 - 16:20:37 »

Having not much experience I\'m wondering if evading was really perceived as overpowered. Having to test for discipline in order to evade seems pretty harsh.
The bonus for side support encourages long battle lines instead of single large (and deep) units, which is a good thing at least visually.

Axebreaker

• BĂŒrger
  • BeitrĂ€ge: 2.458
« Antwort #2 am: 20. Januar 2015 - 00:43:05 »

Zitat
Having to test for discipline in order to evade seems pretty harsh.
Perhaps with CL and S it is, but not CM. Anyhow, some of the CL\'s were to strong with high VBU\'s and evade. Also, remember if your on opportunity you need not test so you can work a plan on evades still.

Zitat
The bonus for side support encourages long battle lines instead of single
large (and deep) units, which is a good thing at least visually.
Large units are still a very beneficial formation so units able to do so will likely continue to do that , but it will no longer be automatic and gives troops a better chance against those that don\'t extend their frontage. I also really like the discipline bonus in combat and the loss of +2 vs infantry for warbands which needed to happen as they were too powerful. They will still be strong with their Impetus bonus and large unit however.

All in all I suspect these changes will have a very positive effect.

Christopher