Sweetwater Forum

Sweetwater Forum

• 06. Mai 2024 - 03:04:29
  • Willkommen Gast
Erweiterte Suche  

Neuigkeiten:

Autor Thema: The Third Reich\'s Dark Knights(Update #1-NB 41 added,update# 2-Sd Kfz\'s added)  (Gelesen 4352 mal)

Axebreaker

• BĂĽrger

@Tankred

I would like to add that you were partly correct on the eagles on the sleeves of the camoflage smocks/Jackets  in that it was against regulations,but many broke regulations did this out of espirit de corps and individualism.Not an entire platoon probably,but I liked the look. :)

Axebreaker

• BĂĽrger

Here is my latest installment of NB 41\'s.I added more crew in German Fieldgray unforms to the mix of camo to show they are in a more supporting role then actual frontline troops.I again took some liberities with uniforms to reflect the individual nature of these troops.I have some more pics under the same title in the FOW web page if you want some  different angles.I hope some of you like this new installement. :) If you see a smoke trail in the sky,then jump for cover! :evilgrin:

« Letzte Ă„nderung: 01. Januar 1970 - 01:00:00 von 1240525342 »

Desert Rat

• Leinwandweber

It is hard to comment on your minis as the pics are very dark. Any chance of you lightening them up ?

Axebreaker

• BĂĽrger

@Desert Rat

Sure,when I have time and it\'s a sunny day. ;)

I use 3 daylight photolamps and photobox.I try and take my pics for a tabletop impression. My models are dark and that\'s on purpose,because that\'s how they appear on the table.I like my lamps outside the screen to avoid any glare on the models.The downside to not using my lamps directly on the mini\'s,but through a screen is the amout of daylight available.On a sunny day may pics are more bright,but at night or a cloudy day they come out darker.This can be seen in that my first set of pics are brighter and my second set are darker.This inconvenience is worth it to avoid glare on my mini\'s.The first pic from the NB 41 is bright enough to see the detail,but if you need more I\'ll take some when it\'s a little more sunny and I have some time.I\'ll send you a PM when I\'ve done so. :)

Axebreaker

• BĂĽrger

Hello Everyone,

This is my latest edition for this thread.This is my first attempt at painting vechicles.They are 3 Sd Kfz 251\'s and 1 Sd Kfz 250/9 that was sent on accident,that I then decided to use as my command track as it stands out from the others. ;)
 I Like my vechicles dirty and worn,but not muddy at 15mm,because I don\'t think it turns out  at this size very well.It was a real challenge painting them,because it\'s very different from what I normally do.I block painted them and did some controled dry brushing, black lining,and a very little bit of ink.
I decided on an ambush camo scheme that I have always found to be very interesting. :toocool:
I experimented with lighting,so please excuse the different shades. :rolleyes: Perhaps, if you have time you could tell me which pics looked the best and any pointers. :D  

As a note I added a few brighter pics to the Nabelwerfers and HQ + spotter team for those who wanted a brighter pic. :)

Well Folks,here are my armoured transports,I hope you like them. :)

« Letzte Ă„nderung: 01. Januar 1970 - 01:00:00 von 1240526596 »

Bommel

• Edelmann

super !

Axebreaker

• BĂĽrger

:) TY!

wolflord

• Schuster

Hello axebreaker,

fantastic minis and i like the details, the Camo and the bases very much. I wish i can see them in natura (Sommerwind would be a great chance if you have time to attend). :thumbup:

The halftracks are great, too. Did you paint the camo with an airbrush?

By the way, you ordered SdKfz 251?
Well, all halftracks are the smaller SdKfz 250 variant! ?(
You should have a word with your supply officer. :keeporder:

It would be also very nice, if you could post the pictures on the german FOW forum too. :)

Greetings
Wolflord
\"The army doesn\'t like more than one disaster in a day. Looks bad in the newspapers and upsets civilians at their breakfast.\"  :whistling_1:

Axebreaker

• BĂĽrger

@Wolflord

Zitat
fantastic minis and i like the details, the Camo and the bases very much. I wish i can see them in natura (Sommerwind would be a great chance if you have time to attend).  

Ty very much,glad you like them. :) I haven\'t heard of Sommerwind,is that a FOW tournement?

Zitat
The halftracks are great, too. Did you paint the camo with an airbrush?

No airbrush was harmed in painting these vechicles,it was all done by hand. ;) One day I plan on trying out an airbrush when I\'ve saved up some pennies for a nice one. :)

Zitat
By the way, you ordered SdKfz 251?
Well, all halftracks are the smaller SdKfz 250 variant!  
You should have a word with your supply officer.  

Ooops,I wasn\'t aware of that. :pinch: I\'m not the asute observer on WWII mini\'s as I\'m pretty new to collecting this time period.Thanks for the information.The good thing is,at least they were used for the purpose I have in mind. :rolleyes:

Zitat
It would be also very nice, if you could post the pictures on the german FOW forum too.  

Sure,I\'ll do just that. ;)
« Letzte Ă„nderung: 01. Januar 1970 - 01:00:00 von 1240437931 »