Sweetwater Forum

Sweetwater Forum

• 29. MĂ€rz 2024 - 11:31:30
  • Willkommen Gast
Erweiterte Suche  

Neuigkeiten:

Autor Thema: A Devil of a Whipping The battle of the Cowpens by Lawerence E. Babits  (Gelesen 1545 mal)

Axebreaker

• BĂŒrger
  • BeitrĂ€ge: 2.458

This is a historical work on the American Revolutionary battle that took place on January 17, 1781 near present day Spartanburg ,North Carolina.It\'s currently viewed as probably the best and most accurate account of the battle of the Cowpens.
It features the American General Daniel Morgans(considered by some Americas best general) comprehensive defeat of Banastre Tarletons elite British force composed largely of cavalry and light infantry with a mix of Continental and militia troops.
It uses extensive documentary evidence to bring to life the actual events of the battle itself and gives you a detailed break down of the battle and is a must for all fans and scholars alike of this period.
I really enjoyed this and I\'ve already purchased his next book \"Long,Obstinate,and Bloody\"in collaboration with Joshua B. Howard about the Battle of Guilford Courthouse.I have the book,but as of yet I haven\'t had time to read the book.This is mainly due to the fact that books like these are not casual reads,but require one to pay attention.I\'m looking forward to this as my American War of Independence collection is based on this battle. :D I\'ll give my opinion when I\'ve completed it. ;)

Cheers
Christopher