Sweetwater Forum

Sweetwater Forum

• 28. März 2024 - 20:10:01
  • Willkommen Gast
Erweiterte Suche  

Neuigkeiten:

Autor Thema: Rotating casting machine  (Gelesen 1946 mal)

Geboom

• Totengräber
Rotating casting machine
« am: 10. März 2010 - 12:05:55 »

[font=\'Times New Roman]Since I have this whole week off I finally started to make my Rotating Casting Machine for larger resin objects.[/font]
[font=\'Times New Roman]I designed the machine last Sunday and started working on it this Monday and Tuesday.[/font]
[font=\'Times New Roman]The whole idea is to make larger 1 piece resin casts in one go.[/font]
[font=\'Times New Roman]Making this machine was already a lot of fun. Now the big question is: [/font]

[font=\'Times New Roman]Will it Work?[/font]

[font=\'Times New Roman]I am afraid I can\'t give you the answer yet. I am currently making the form of the Gatehouse.[/font]
[font=\'Times New Roman]A project that, without the casting machine, is cast in 5 pieces.[/font]
[font=\'Times New Roman]If this setup works I can make it in one session and will save on resin as well so fingers crossed.[/font]

Down side as I can see now is the fact that I have to rotate the machine during the potlife time of
10 minutes or so. But if it works then the next step is adding a little motor to it.

[font=\'Times New Roman]I [/font][font=\'Times New Roman]will write an article on the machine and the casting process on my website later, if the machine works that is.[/font]
[font=\'Times New Roman]Hopefully I can make my first rotating cast this weekend so I will let you know how it went.[/font]

[font=\'Times New Roman]Greetings from the crazy Dutch Guy.[/font]

[font=\'Times New Roman]Geboom[/font]

P.S. comments, suggestions, ideas are most welcome

[gallery]702[/gallery]

The machine can be setup sideways at an angle of 45 degrees left and right.
This in order to get liquid resin in all the right places.

[gallery]703[/gallery]

Flipping the machine over from one side to another also means I have to flip over the handlebar.
Just a fun detail as is the fact that the handlebar is made out of a paintroller.
All part of the creative process I guess.

[gallery]704[/gallery]
« Letzte Ă„nderung: 01. Januar 1970 - 01:00:00 von 1268219878 »

Tankred

• BĂĽrger
Rotating casting machine
« Antwort #1 am: 10. März 2010 - 12:09:30 »

That is very interesting and I wonder if this will work. Please share your efforts!

NetTerrain

• Totengräber
Rotating casting machine
« Antwort #2 am: 10. März 2010 - 16:14:55 »

we want a video documentation, Geboom :)

Poliorketes

• BĂĽrger
Rotating casting machine
« Antwort #3 am: 11. März 2010 - 07:54:34 »

I guess with only a little reworking you can use it as a gatling gun :D
No pun intended, I think it\'s a great idea and I hope it\'ll work.
Beim Aussteigen stolpert man schon mal über das Dach des nebenan geparkten Autos. Von Parkhäusern reden wir hier lieber nicht. Sagen wir, der Wendekreis ist groß. (Aus einem Test des Ford Ranger)

WCT

• BĂĽrger
Rotating casting machine
« Antwort #4 am: 11. März 2010 - 14:20:33 »

clever idea want to see it in action !!
The game [WHFB 8.Ed] is just like 40K,...- chicagoterrainfactory.wordpress.com

mein Blog

Elfen Lothar

• BĂĽrger
Rotating casting machine
« Antwort #5 am: 11. März 2010 - 22:22:56 »

Good luck with your machine. I really hope it will work.
Unsichtbar wird die Dummheit, wenn sie genĂĽgend grosse AusmaĂźe angenommen hat. (Berthold Brecht)

Geboom

• Totengräber
Success!!!!!!!!!!!
« Antwort #6 am: 12. März 2010 - 20:42:34 »

[font=\'Times New Roman]Today I tested the rotating casting machine.[/font][font=\'Times New Roman]And it was a great success!!!!![/font]

[font=\'Times New Roman]I finished the form of the Gatehouse yesterday so this morning I was all excited to take it up for its first spin.[/font]
[font=\'Times New Roman]I added a few pics to give you an idea of the form and how it was made.[/font]
[font=\'Times New Roman]Will do this in big steps, I will explain it in detail later on my website.[/font]

[font=\'Times New Roman]First I covered the model in a clay mantle. [/font][font=\'Times New Roman]I also added metal strips in the clay so I can make the outer form in 2 parts.[/font]
[font=\'Times New Roman]Have to do this so I can get the stuff I poor in out again.[/font][font=\'Times New Roman](A next form will be made in possible 4 parts)[/font]
[font=\'Times New Roman][gallery]708[/gallery][/font]

[font=\'Times New Roman]Next step is to start working on the outer layer Build up out of 3 separate layers adding special compounds to thicken the material and fibers to make the mantle even more solid.[/font]
[font=\'Times New Roman][gallery]709[/gallery][/font]

[font=\'Times New Roman]Once the mantle is dry I can saw, drill and sand it if I want to. And yes I want to so I did[/font]
[font=\'Times New Roman][gallery]710[/gallery][/font]

[font=\'Times New Roman]Opening up the form shows the model (used a styrodur version of exact the same size as the original model) and the clay mantle that will now create an even open space between the outer mantle and the model itself.[/font]
[font=\'Times New Roman][gallery]711[/gallery][/font]

[font=\'Times New Roman]Bolting the mantle with the model closed within, ready to cast the silicone form.[/font]
[font=\'Times New Roman][gallery]712[/gallery][/font]

[font=\'Times New Roman]Lets jump to the casting itself. [/font][font=\'Times New Roman]In this picture you see the outer mantle, the silicone form and …..Yes the first resin cast of the gatehouse done in just one simple batch.[/font]
[font=\'Times New Roman][gallery]713[/gallery] [/font]

[font=\'Times New Roman]The casting itself took me 12 minutes. The next 2 pics shows the actual casting/rotating process.[/font]
[font=\'Times New Roman][gallery]714[/gallery][/font]
[gallery]715[/gallery]

[font=\'Times New Roman]As I am writing this piece I’ve casted 3 gatehouses so far. [/font][font=\'Times New Roman]Next is to redo the houses I’ve done earlier. Those are larger and more complex. If this works out well also then there will be lots to follow.[/font]

[font=\'Times New Roman]I will post pictures of the finished painted model asap.[/font]

[font=\'Times New Roman]Geboom.[/font]

WCT

• BĂĽrger
Rotating casting machine
« Antwort #7 am: 13. März 2010 - 11:51:28 »

cool sm_party_box
The game [WHFB 8.Ed] is just like 40K,...- chicagoterrainfactory.wordpress.com

mein Blog

Mad Mö

• Fischersmann
Rotating casting machine
« Antwort #8 am: 15. März 2010 - 00:05:14 »