Sweetwater Forum

Sweetwater Forum

• 20. April 2024 - 08:56:04
  • Willkommen Gast
Erweiterte Suche  

Neuigkeiten:

Autor Thema: Grandeur: Impetus in the Age of Napoleon  (Gelesen 5453 mal)

dadiepiombo

• Totengräber
Grandeur: Impetus in the Age of Napoleon
« am: 07. April 2010 - 16:16:38 »

Grandeur, the official expansion of Impetus for the Napoleonic period is now online at http://www.dadiepiombo.com/grandeur.html

This is a first draft and includes also army lists (with points system) for France, Austria, Prussia, Russia and Great Britain

xothian

• Bürger
« Antwort #1 am: 07. April 2010 - 18:24:44 »

spledid !!

as a great fan of impetus i count myself lucky to have rebased my napoleonic 6mm to 5x5cm inf/cav and 3x3cm ari last year :)
will definitly try out Grandeur this weekend!

cincin!
ciao chris
\"I wish I was back in the jungle, where men are monkeys.\"
Capt. Spauldings African Adventures

xothian

• Bürger
« Antwort #2 am: 12. April 2010 - 11:59:31 »

after having a first go at the draft of grandeur yesterday, albeit a short one, i must say i quite like it
to go into detail i have to play grandeur a little more, what i certainly plan to do in the next weeks!
concerning the mentioned optional rule...
in a grand tactical game i quite like the idea to force enemy troops into squares with cavalry in contrast of \"micromanagemented\" ad hoc rolling of dice just for this maneuver

the army lists i have the feeling are a little bit on the \"anglocentric\" side, not only because of the cheap point cost (certainly a typo) of the dragoon guards ;)
another point i noticed ... degrading their grenadiers robs the austrian army of any feasible shock troops and i think this does not give them justice, i can not recount a memory of the stories of aspern/essling or wagram where these troops would not have lived up to their supposed standards just like other \"elite\" formations bleeding themselves dry on their objectives by kicking the french out and in return getting kicked out themselves by the young guard i.e. ;) ... on the other hand i was a bit surprised to find the austrian line troops so formidable in their skirmish abilities, which could be argued to be bit unhistoric .... but in game terms reduces their grenzers to just line inf in different colors

overall i am quite thrilled to see the development of impetus napoleonics, certainly a splendid idea !

ciao chris
« Letzte Änderung: 01. Januar 1970 - 01:00:00 von 1306597714 »
\"I wish I was back in the jungle, where men are monkeys.\"
Capt. Spauldings African Adventures

dadiepiombo

• Totengräber
« Antwort #3 am: 16. April 2010 - 17:00:58 »

Thank you for your feedback. As the rules also the armys lists are a first draft with the aim just to provide armies to test the game.

The statistics of the troops will be updated as soon as the rules will make a further step.

Also, at this tage they should be considered more a guide and the point system allows to customize them, so players can upgrade VBUs and add or remove Veteran/elite status also according to scenarios/campaign. I like the idea that these Units were non always the same through the whole Npaolenic period, but could perform differently.

In the future I plan also to creta more specific list, I mean not just \"French\" but French for that campaign etc.