• Willkommen Gast
Erweiterte Suche  

Neuigkeiten:

Autor Thema: AWI  (Gelesen 2200 mal)

Axebreaker

• Bürger
AWI
« am: 23. August 2008 - 20:52:10 »

I love the miniatures that Wargames foundry makes for AWI and I would like to collect some :love: .The problem is I don\'t know where I can find a good set of rules for it :S .Robb Broom at Warhammer historical said they plan on making some rules,but who can say when they will get around to it :whistling: .Does anyone have a suggestion to help me find some rules :rolleyes: .Thank you :) .

Axebreaker

Murphy

• Fischersmann
AWI
« Antwort #1 am: 23. August 2008 - 21:28:28 »

British Grenadier seems to be a quite popular set of rules. Have a look at the BG forum .

Here\'s a, imho, great blog and you should also have a look at the AWI figures of Perry Miniatures, which are in fact the continuation of the Foundry line. ;)

EDIT: If you are looking for the Foundry AWI British in regulation uniform, just let me know. :rolleyes:
"Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something."
- Robert Heinlein -

Axebreaker

• Bürger
AWI
« Antwort #2 am: 23. August 2008 - 22:15:22 »

I just finished visiting the BG forum and it looked interesting :) .Where can I order the rules from :rolleyes: ?

Your right when you say Wargames foundry and the Perry twins are one in the same,of course I love their miniatures :love: .I think those two are the best miniatures out there for 25/28mm historical :pump: .

I was interested in collecting an american continental army.The militia figures being my favorite :thumbup: .

Thank you.
« Letzte Änderung: 01. Januar 1970 - 01:00:00 von 1219526337 »

Hannibal

• Leinwandweber
AWI
« Antwort #3 am: 23. August 2008 - 23:02:03 »

@ Axebreaker

Hello,

just order a copy of the rules from caliver books. That\'s where I ordred my copy of the rules. Here is the link: http://www.caliverbooks.com.
There you can also order two scenario-books for BG with the settings of some of the most imortant battles of the AWI.

Axebreaker

• Bürger
AWI
« Antwort #4 am: 23. August 2008 - 23:20:42 »

@Hannibal

Thank you,I will do that :) .

Murphy

• Fischersmann
AWI
« Antwort #5 am: 23. August 2008 - 23:29:15 »

You got to be carefull with Caliver Books, I ordered both scenario books and since the first one was out of print at that time, they just sent me plain photocopied one... charged the full price for it and didn\'t notify that, not in their online shop nor in the order confirmation. :thumbdown:

When I complaint, they just told me it\'s the content that matters not the printing quality of the copy... :dash:

Haven\'t ordered from them since and plan not to do in the future! X(
"Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something."
- Robert Heinlein -

Axebreaker

• Bürger
AWI
« Antwort #6 am: 23. August 2008 - 23:43:15 »

Thank you,I will keep that in mind ;) .I\'ll try e-bay first,and then Caliver Books if I can\'t find it. :)

Antipater

• Bürger
AWI
« Antwort #7 am: 24. August 2008 - 10:26:56 »

@Murphy: Bitte was?! Das ist ja wohl unerhört! Da würde ich aber nicht locker lassen. Am besten schickst Du ihnen den Mist postwendend zurück. Wenn nicht auf der Einkaufseite vermerkt war, dass es sich um eine Kopie handelt, ist der Kaufvertrag schlicht nicht erfüllt - auch nicht nach Insel-Recht. Okay, die Leutchen dort sind nicht übermäßig freundlich, aber das ist auf jeden Fall \'ne mittelschwere Frechheit.
Wenn nichts hilft, bewirkt vielleicht ein entsprechender Hinweis auf TMP (am besten in Absprache mit dem Admin) eine etwas kulantere Haltung...
Conquering Lead Mountain – meine Hobbyvitrine.

Murphy

• Fischersmann
AWI
« Antwort #8 am: 24. August 2008 - 14:33:03 »

@ Antipater: Das ganze war schon letzten Herbst. Hab\' mir damals einen ziemlichen \"E-Mail-Krieg\" mit denen geliefert... Hab\' die beiden Bücher im Rahmen einer Portofrei-Aktion bestellt, die Rücksendung (Porto) hätte ich dann erstmal zahlen müssen und wenn die beiden Bücher unbeschädigt in UK angekommen wären hätte ich den Preis wieder erstattet bekommen. War mir dann aber doch zu riskant, am Ende wäre ich ohne Bücher und mit vorgestrecktem Rückporto dagestanden... :wacko:

Wirklich 100%ig bereut hab\' ich\'s nicht, der Inhalt der Bücher (und der Druck des zweiten Buches) ist wirklich gelungen, ärgerlich war\'s natürlich trotzdem! Naja, hab\'s unter \"Erfahrung\" verbucht und, wie gesagt, nicht mehr dort bestellt und werde auch in Zukunft nicht mehr dort bestellen. :|
- Robert Heinlein -