Sweetwater Forum

Sweetwater Forum

• 16. Juni 2024 - 08:35:19
  • Willkommen Gast
Erweiterte Suche  

Neuigkeiten:

Autor Thema: Azincourt by Bernard Cornwell  (Gelesen 3772 mal)

Axebreaker

• Bürger
Azincourt by Bernard Cornwell
« am: 13. Oktober 2008 - 10:56:04 »

If your a fan of Bernard Cornwell then you might be interested to know he has a new book out. :D The book is titled in english \"Azincourt\".I\'m not sure if it\'s available in germen yet,you will have to look.

The period is set in the later Hundred Years War and recounts the famous battle of Agincourt from the point of view of an English archer named Nicholas Hook.It offers an insight into both sides,but of course the focus is mainly from the English point of view.I haven\'t finished the book yet,but like most of his books I\'m enjoying it a great deal so far. :thumbup:

Please do not confuse this with his other 3 books The Archer\'s Tale(Harlequin),Vagabond,and Heretic which are also set in the Hundred Years War,because these were written for the early period during the Black Princes era and are seperate.

If your not that familiar with Bernard Cornwell I\'ll give you some background.He likes to write historical fiction and is fantastic.In essence he takes fictional characters and inserts them into real history.Many people believe him to be the leader in this genre(I for one).His focus is English history,but he has done some work in American history as well.His writing style is fluid and fast paced with interesting plots and alot of action.He has a great ability to make you feel as if your present on the battlefield.I highly recommend reading his work. :thumbsup:

I hope this thread is useful to someone. :)

Cheers,

Christopher
« Letzte Änderung: 01. Januar 1970 - 01:00:00 von 1223908229 »

Driscoles

• Administrator
  • Edelmann
« Antwort #1 am: 13. Oktober 2008 - 13:34:00 »

It is useful. I didnt know he has a new novel out. Thanks for the short review !
Björn
I got a \'69 Chevy with a 396 Fuelie heads and a Hurst on the floor

Axebreaker

• Bürger
« Antwort #2 am: 15. Oktober 2008 - 19:10:04 »

Your welcome, :) enjoy the book. :thumbup:

Doc Phobos

• Fischersmann
« Antwort #3 am: 17. Oktober 2008 - 14:20:27 »

Is he mad!!!??  :doofy:  I am sitting here with my Saxon stories, waiting helplessly for the next one and he starts a new cycle?  :cursing:  Arrrrgl! Write your Saxon books, Berny!  :grumble:

Ah, what the heck... I\'ll probably buy this one as well...  :pinch:

Thanks, Axebreaker. :)

Axebreaker

• Bürger
« Antwort #4 am: 18. Oktober 2008 - 09:15:47 »

I was wondering the same thing, :rolleyes: but there was no way I wasn\'t going to buy this one too. :pinch: Of course you will too. :borg:

Your welcome,and you will enjoy it. ;)

Driscoles

• Administrator
  • Edelmann
« Antwort #5 am: 26. Oktober 2008 - 14:52:50 »

Hi,

bought it today in London at Heathrow Airport. Read the first chapter. Good start.

Cheers
Björn
I got a \'69 Chevy with a 396 Fuelie heads and a Hurst on the floor