Sweetwater Forum

Sweetwater Forum

• 16. Juni 2024 - 05:41:08
  • Willkommen Gast
Erweiterte Suche  

Neuigkeiten:

Autor Thema: All you Romen fans  (Gelesen 3944 mal)

Axebreaker

• BĂĽrger
All you Romen fans
« am: 07. Dezember 2008 - 21:11:48 »

With the kick off of WAB the 4 Emperors and the long series titled Rome many of you might wonder if there is an adventure series set in Romen times.I have good news for you,there is!
The books are by Simon Scarrow and depict the story of two legionaries in the form of Centurion Macro and his Optio Cato(from his perspective) in the Second Legion Augusta during the reign of Emperor Claudius.
This tells the story of the conquest of Britain and the challenges they faced in fighting the Britons and overcoming enemies within the legion itself.It\'s fast paced and a very fun read.It\'s written very much in the style of Bernard Cornwell and if you like his work,then you will really enjoy this as well. :thumbup:
I\'m not sure if they are printed in German or not as I\'ve not checked. :whistling:
The series begins with Under the Eagle and continues on for another 5 or 6 so far.
Enjoy everyone! :)

Angrist

• BĂĽrger
All you Romen fans
« Antwort #1 am: 07. Dezember 2008 - 22:07:42 »

Sounds interessting,
but my rule with series of books is, wait for the second volume, because if it doesn´t sell, there won´t be further volumes.
There are quite some series in my bookshelf, where I have 1 or 2 books, and the rest was never released, or just in the  USA and you can´t get it here easily and for reasonable prices
Registriert euch bei http://www.spielerzentrale.de und sorgt dafür, das jeder Suchende einen historischen TTler in seiner Nähe findet.

AbrĂĽstung mit Frieden zu verwechseln, ist ein schwerer Fehler.
Winston Churchchill

Axebreaker

• BĂĽrger
All you Romen fans
« Antwort #2 am: 07. Dezember 2008 - 22:22:21 »

@Angrist

Zitat
There are quite some series in my bookshelf, where I have 1 or 2 books, and the rest was never released

I assume you mean in german,and you would know better then I. :)

Still,if it\'s not in german I recommend giving it a go in english as they are worth the trouble. :thumbup:

Bommel

• Edelmann
All you Romen fans
« Antwort #3 am: 07. Dezember 2008 - 22:28:10 »

Ja, die ersten 4 Bände gibt es auch in deutsch...schön zu lesen, dass da noch mehr Folgen zu erwarten sind.

Angrist

• BĂĽrger
All you Romen fans
« Antwort #4 am: 07. Dezember 2008 - 22:32:11 »

English wouldn´t be a problem at the moment ( of course it was when i was younger)

but there are some series, which where started in the USA, where translated half a year later, and there never where any further volumes in english,

also, other series, aren´t sold over here, and because of shipping costs, and the way of paying, they are a bit out of reach
Registriert euch bei http://www.spielerzentrale.de und sorgt dafür, das jeder Suchende einen historischen TTler in seiner Nähe findet.

Winston Churchchill

Axebreaker

• BĂĽrger
All you Romen fans
« Antwort #5 am: 07. Dezember 2008 - 22:48:32 »

@Angrist

Zitat
also, other series, aren´t sold over here, and because of shipping costs, and the way of paying, they are a bit out of reach
To be honest,I recommend buying everything you can from England at the moment through Amazon(books) or other stores for wargaming mini\'s and books.The pound is very weak and right now you will save alot of money even with shipping if you order more then 1 or 2 items.Take FOW for example it\'s quite a bit cheaper to order from england then to buy in mainland europe.Check the numbers. ;)

Angrist

• BĂĽrger
All you Romen fans
« Antwort #6 am: 07. Dezember 2008 - 22:58:33 »

s@Axe
I searched some minutes on amazon uk
how can i pay from germany?
 i just found sth about credit cards,
but is it possible to buy by \"bankeinzug\"(amazon takes the money from your bank account without you doing anything, )  maybe you know this?

I found the delivery rates, and they seem to be rubbish,
why do i have to pay delivery rate, and a fee for every item i order?
If i ordered 10 books this would mean 10 pund sterling more, can you explain this?

and I´m not shure, but can it be, that for books, a I have also to pay extra Vat here in germany, beause in England there is none on books? (read sth about it somewhere)

Zitat
*If you order a combination of items, the highest \"Per Delivery\" rate applies as follows:  
You order:  1 video  1 DVD  Highest \"Per Delivery\" rate  Total  
You pay:  0.99 +0.39 +3.99  = 5.37 (plus VAT if applicable)

that would mean if i ordered
20 books= 20x 0,99 pund + 3,99 pound = about 24 pound

thats hillarious i would say,
why don´t they use the costs of a standard package,
why this \"money per item thing\"

Amazon germany is much better in that point beacuse above 20€ shipping is free, and books are free at all, even if i order only a book wort 3€
« Letzte Ă„nderung: 01. Januar 1970 - 01:00:00 von 1228687599 »

Winston Churchchill

Axebreaker

• BĂĽrger
All you Romen fans
« Antwort #7 am: 08. Dezember 2008 - 23:18:32 »

@Angrist

Sorry it took me so long to answer.I hope this helps some. :)

Ok,Amazon is a bad example because the store is located in both countries and you won\'t save in regular books,but you will in wargames because they outsource the products from companies within their country and not from themselves.

What I mean by cheaper is pick any store in Germany that carries Flames of War products ahh lets say fantasyladen which is very popular and it costs 45€ for a Panzer IV H box set and you recieve free shipping.Ok now try http://www.wargames-workshop.com and order the same product 27.00 pounds(10% off) and even add the  18% shipping costs and that brings you to around 32.00 pounds for a total of around 37€.You save about 8€ and that is alot and the total can really add up to a sweet savings on large orders. :pump: If you look around in the UK you will find even better deals. :thumbup:

I haven\'t checked in the other wargame products,but I think you stand a good chance to find some deals,and if your like me and like to make semi to large orders(70+€) you will many times recieve shipping for free, saving you even more of your hard earned cash. :D

Angrist

• BĂĽrger
All you Romen fans
« Antwort #8 am: 09. Dezember 2008 - 17:16:03 »

but theres still the problem of paying without credit card

Winston Churchchill

Axebreaker

• BĂĽrger
All you Romen fans
« Antwort #9 am: 09. Dezember 2008 - 17:32:46 »

They accept cheques and do pay pal as well,as do many. ;)

Another method is have a relative or friend pay credit card and you pay them.Where there is a will,there is a way. :)