Sweetwater Forum

Sweetwater Forum

• 28. April 2024 - 21:07:55
  • Willkommen Gast
Erweiterte Suche  

Neuigkeiten:

Autor Thema: Looking for players in the Nurenburg, Bamberg, Bayreuth area  (Gelesen 1021 mal)

Axebreaker

• Bürger
Looking for players in the Nurenburg, Bamberg, Bayreuth area
« am: 12. Oktober 2012 - 19:06:51 »

Hi,

I\'m American and my English is far better then my German so I hope you forgive the English text. :) Don\'t worry I understand German to a decent degree so I should understand you well enough. ;)

Mike(Fritz II) and myself are looking for 28mm players that both actively paint miniatures and wargame. It may sound odd to mention painting figures, but in truth it\'s hard to find players that actually do this in any appreciable amount.

Games are usually at my house in my hobby/games room in Hollfeld which is between Bamberg and Bayreuth, however if we need a really big game I\'m a member of a club in Bamberg which can be used for this, but most of the time my room is big enough.

Currently we are gaming:

- War of the Austrian Succession/Seven Years War - Here I play the French and Mike the Austrians, however we want to move into the Seven Years War and could use a British and Russian player, but more importantly a badly needed Prussian player. Black Powder is the rules we prefer, but we also have tried some Maurice. Pretty hot game with us right now.

-WWII-We are pretty well covered here in terms of figures and terrain with several players owning Germans, British, Russians and Americans. We prefer Operation Squad, but also play Disposable Hero\'s.

-ACW- My personal favourite of which I\'ve got a pretty good start on this with both Union and Confederate, but I could use some help so we can game it sooner. Black Powder is the planned rule set for this.

-ECW- I\'ve got a start on Montrose force and another friend has some Covenanters, but again could use help to expand the game size. Pike and Shotte rules for this and maybe Impetus Braque if the updated rules are good.

-SAGA- No problems here in terms of figures or terrain.

-Crusades- I have a substantial Christian Spanish army that could be used for either the Reconquista or the Holy Land so a Moor or Arab army would be welcome. Impetus and Hail Caesar are the rules of choice.

-AWI- I\'ve got a decent sized American force and Mike has some British, but for sure more help here is really welcome. Rule sets for this is Black Powder and British Grenadier.

-Samurai Sengoku period- I\'ve started it , but have taken a small break and will come back to it. Looking at Black Powder or Impetus for this.

Things not started, but in the plans:

FIW- Mike and I already have figures for it with some painted, but need to do more. Rule sets are Muskets and Tomahawks and This Very Ground.

Successor Wars- Currently I\'m collecting Pyrrhic forces and Mike Romans with other Successors and Carthage welcome. Rules are Hail Caesar and Impetus.

SCW- I\'ve got small start on Republicans. Rules Operation Squad adjusted for the period, Iron Ivan and A World in Flames.

Naps- At some point we will, but just not yet.

Late Roman- England and western Europe, Byzantine will be up, but not for some time.

Italian Wars- Same thing in that it will come up in the future.

If your interested contact myself or Mike(Fritz II) if your interested and we will let you know our next meeting date. :)

Cheers
Christopher
« Letzte Änderung: 01. Januar 1970 - 01:00:00 von 1350062094 »