Sweetwater Forum

Sweetwater Forum

• 17. Juni 2024 - 08:05:08
  • Willkommen Gast
Erweiterte Suche  

Neuigkeiten:

Autor Thema: Neues zu WAB 2.0  (Gelesen 10343 mal)

Axebreaker

• Bürger
Neues zu WAB 2.0
« Antwort #15 am: 05. Dezember 2008 - 01:11:12 »

@Mad Mo

No need to apologize,we just had a disagreement. :)We didn\'t call each other names,so everything s fine. :beer:
Perhaps now you can see why I was complaining about skirmishers. ;)
Your are correct that WAB is only suggestions as are all wargames but my advice on house rules is don\'t use them or at least not on a habitual basis.They will give you bad habits and false tactics. ;) Because we live in Germany and our players are more spaced out we often need to travel to play games.If your used to \"playing by the book\" then your likely to make fewer mistakes and of course it will limit discusions,and everyone tends to know the standards. ;) With that said there is one house rule that seems to be used almost everywhere I\'ve played and is the only one I would say is ok to use.This is a gentlemen\'s agreement not to attack another players general and often accompanying battle standard if they are out of a unit. This rule is forfit if he puts himself into combat or tries to use him in such a way as to give the player a tactical advantage other then leadership and break test re-rolls.
Of course you can change rules to fit scanario\'s and modify campaigns or tournements.

As far as limiting troop types that is on game by game basis or restrictions given by the organizer.

And lastly it\'s up to the players to decide how they wish to play their game.

My feelings on Elephants are what I said to Leongrande\"The main problem with Elephants is they take ranks,and in WAB that is devastating.\" They should do d4 impact hits(this rule to replace taking ranks) ,it normal attacks and the rest of the rules for elephants except take ranks.Problem solved.An elephant with impact hits and his attacks will still win most of the time on the first round and once the infantry gets set if it didn\'t break ,should be able to overwhelm the elephant on the following rounds.I feel that is more realistic and fair to everyone.

You\'ve been spoiled with Macedonians and Romens(imperial I assume)! :evilgrin: Myself and many others included feel those two armies are probably the best in WAB.They can do it all and do it very well.If they don\'t have it in their list,then they can get access to it through allies.They have no large outstanding weakness(if any).You can adjust them up and down from average to elite as it suits your taste like no other army.I guess we all should not be surprised that WAB has chosen to reflect this,as they were arguably the most sucessful armies in history! :borg:

I\'m not saying leave your elephants at home,after all some armies without them wouldn\'t fit very well.(Indians for example)My feelings are if your army didn\'t use them alot or in large amounts,then try using  less or none.Elephants are not the problem,it\'s the rules they have that are. ;)

Hopefully we will meet sometime and have a game,and by all means bring an elephant or two just perhaps not a whole herd! :D
« Letzte Änderung: 01. Januar 1970 - 01:00:00 von 1229213480 »

Axebreaker

• Bürger
Neues zu WAB 2.0
« Antwort #16 am: 05. Dezember 2008 - 01:55:16 »

@Hallostephan

Es tut mir leid,aber meine Deutsch and Grammatik schrieben is ganz schrecklich. ;( Ich glaube es ist viel  lichter von den meistens wenn ich schribst in English.Die meistens wargames ist  auch in English und Ich denke von den miestens manner English ist nicht so schwere.

Wenn ich habe erst bei dies forum angefangt,ich habe gefragt darf ich in English schreiben konnte.All war sehr nett und hat gesagt ist in ordnung. :D

Ich habe nei  Deutsch in die schüle gelernt(mann kann selbst sehen :) ),sondern nur in einen  kleine sprachkurs gemacht and bei Zeitung lesen.

Hoffenliche ich habe nicht zu viele fehler gemacht. :whistling: Auch wenn du hast eine frage fur mich,denn ich kann in Deutsch übersetzen probeiren oder unser Members kann noch helfen . :)

@Alle
Ich bedanken alle die sweetwater members fur die grosse hilfe mit übersetzen and fur die Guduld wenn ich nur in English schrieben. :phatgrin:
« Letzte Änderung: 01. Januar 1970 - 01:00:00 von 1228475881 »

Vingthor

• Schuster
Neues zu WAB 2.0
« Antwort #17 am: 05. Dezember 2008 - 02:54:44 »

if you keep showing us those beautiful painted miniatures u can speak any language u want imho :D
Besucht doch mal meine Website!

Mad Mö

• Fischersmann
Neues zu WAB 2.0
« Antwort #18 am: 05. Dezember 2008 - 10:14:57 »

@Axebreaker
I play Achaemenid Persians. Imperial Romans ans Macedonians are my enemies. :whistling:
I agree with Vingthor, show your beautiful miniatures and speak whatever language you want. :D

Axebreaker

• Bürger
Neues zu WAB 2.0
« Antwort #19 am: 05. Dezember 2008 - 10:52:54 »

@Mad Mö
\"
Zitat
I play Achaemenid Persians. Imperial Romans ans Macedonians are my enemies.
\"
Ouch! :)

@Mad Mö and Vingthor

Thank you! :D

Wellington

• Edelmann
Neues zu WAB 2.0
« Antwort #20 am: 05. Dezember 2008 - 11:42:29 »

Back to the Topic ...

Elefants will get Parthian shoot and can fly  in WAB2.0 ... just joking :D

Rob wrote in the english forum that the musican will be changed. At least the musican roll off will be no longer exist. They have already a new musican rule in play testing, but more details will follow in a newsletter.
Weniger labern, mehr spielen ...

Wellingtons Martktplatz

Axebreaker

• Bürger
Neues zu WAB 2.0
« Antwort #21 am: 05. Dezember 2008 - 11:51:24 »

@Ghib

Zitat
Elefants will get Parthian shoot and can fly in WAB2.0 ... just joking

Why not,sounds fair to me! :fie:  :lol:

hallostephan

• Gast
Neues zu WAB 2.0
« Antwort #22 am: 05. Dezember 2008 - 11:54:56 »

@ Axebreaker-Dein \"deutsch\" ist doch verständlich-und sehr lustig! Von mir aus schreib weiter in deutsch! Mein englisch ist bestimmt für Dich genauso spassig, mfg Stephan :love:  :crazy:  :phatgrin:

Axebreaker

• Bürger
Neues zu WAB 2.0
« Antwort #23 am: 05. Dezember 2008 - 12:20:38 »

@hallostephan

Ok,gut.Probieren wir! :D

NurgleHH

• Gast
Neues zu WAB 2.0
« Antwort #24 am: 05. Dezember 2008 - 12:49:49 »

Important Queston: Does anyone knew more about WAB 2.0??? A good summery will be helpful

Wellington

• Edelmann
Neues zu WAB 2.0
« Antwort #25 am: 05. Dezember 2008 - 15:17:06 »

@Nurgle

Das ist doch das Problem wir kennen nur Andeutungen von Rob Broom und was so im News Letter steht, sonst nichts ...

Wellingtons Martktplatz

dgmaga

• Kaufmannstochter
Neues zu WAB 2.0
« Antwort #26 am: 05. Dezember 2008 - 20:16:34 »

Zitat von: \'Axebreaker\',index.php?page=Thread&postID=16646#post16646
@hallostephan

Ok,gut.Probieren wir! :D
Deutsch lernen durch Kriegspiele!!! :D

Das mache ich.

Im Büro sprechen wir immer Englisch und zu Hause Spanish.

Ich praktisiere Deutsch wenn ich dieses Forum lese oder wenn ich etwas hier schreibe... aber finde ich es sehr gut. :)

Daniel

hallostephan

• Gast
Neues zu WAB 2.0
« Antwort #27 am: 06. Dezember 2008 - 10:26:18 »

HiHi, fein, dann probier ich doch mein radebrech-englisch-haben wir alle was zu kichern-vielleicht mit deutschen Begriffen-wie die Türken-machen die wirklich, mfg Stephan

Axebreaker

• Bürger
Neues zu WAB 2.0
« Antwort #28 am: 14. Dezember 2008 - 01:14:25 »

@Ghibelline

Heard anything new yet Ghib? :)

Wellington

• Edelmann
Neues zu WAB 2.0
« Antwort #29 am: 14. Dezember 2008 - 02:12:59 »

It\'s amazing that only a few thing are leaking through ... I\'m afraid we have to wait for the next newsletter :evil:

Wellingtons Martktplatz