Sweetwater Forum

Sweetwater Forum

• 05. Mai 2024 - 03:47:03
  • Willkommen Gast
Erweiterte Suche  

Neuigkeiten:

Autor Thema: What do you hope to achieve as a wargamer?  (Gelesen 3649 mal)

Axebreaker

• BĂĽrger
What do you hope to achieve as a wargamer?
« am: 16. Dezember 2008 - 17:20:41 »

If you could choose one aspect of your wargaming to improve,what would that be?For some it might be to be a better painter,paint more,learn better tactics,play more games etc.It can be anything.

For myself I want to improve on sportmanship.This I feel is my weakest point.As a young man I was very active in sports and that continued  into my adulthood in the army.To be emotionally involved,along with very competative is a virtue to have in sports,but does not translate very well on the table top.For the most part I\'m nice on the table,but then sneaks in the competative animal from time to time leading into immature outbursts and reactions.Later I am ashamed of my actions and wished I had reacted better. :( My goal is one day for people to call me a great player and to mean that not by victories on the table,but rather the fun they had playing with me.Sportsmanship I believe is the highest virtue that any player can have and not how many games he wins.I hope one day to achieve this.I still have work to do.I\'m 40 now,and still need to learn that lesson better. :growup:
« Letzte Ă„nderung: 01. Januar 1970 - 01:00:00 von 1229453271 »

Mehrunes

• BĂĽrger
« Antwort #1 am: 16. Dezember 2008 - 17:35:52 »

I would like to paint up miniatures faster.
I\'m happy with almost all aspects of my hobby but not with the speed I have when it comes to painting. But that is not because I cannot paint or don\'t like it. I think I paint some normal tabletop standard and IF I get started I have fun, too. But the problem is that I seldom simply start to paint instead of doing other non-permanent things like playing computer games or watching TV after which I got a guilty conscience sometimes. Or on the other side I let those things distract me too easily. This result in armies needing a good amount of time before I can finish them. I wish to be more strong-willed regarding painting so that I finish things more often and faster.

Axebreaker

• BĂĽrger
« Antwort #2 am: 16. Dezember 2008 - 18:04:09 »

@Mehrunes

I feel for you,as that was my second choice. :)

Strand

• Edelmann
« Antwort #3 am: 16. Dezember 2008 - 18:29:47 »

Machen statt schnacken! .. ehhm .... More \"Doing it\" instead of \"Planning to do it\". Especially regarding terrain.
“Never trade the joy of playing for the pursuit of victory, and lead by example.”

drpuppenfleisch

• Fischersmann
« Antwort #4 am: 16. Dezember 2008 - 18:47:03 »

Meine Figuren und Geländestücke in einem einheitlichen Aufbewahrungssystem platzsparend verstauen. Alles ist aufgeräumt, und wenn ich eine neue Figur kaufe, dann hat sie bereits ihren Platz, bevor ich sie bezahlt habe.... :gamer: :chinese:

Christof

• BĂĽrger
« Antwort #5 am: 16. Dezember 2008 - 19:41:19 »

I\'d like to be happy with what I can do at a time  :growup:
Painting faster only will not solve the problem imo. The problem to solve is immoderateness  ;(
Playing to many systems and to many periods/armies and scales makes it a mess  :borg:
The second thing would be sportsmanship, but that is a problem within the game, the other is not.
Regards Christof

Angrist

• BĂĽrger
« Antwort #6 am: 16. Dezember 2008 - 20:13:34 »

I want the same as Mehrunes,
I paint to slow, do to many other short-time things instead of painting (playing pc, dvds, reading)
I get distrated easily

Of course for those who know my gaming situation, my highest aim is to play more often, but sadly, thats sth, which i can´t solve myself
Registriert euch bei http://www.spielerzentrale.de und sorgt dafür, das jeder Suchende einen historischen TTler in seiner Nähe findet.

AbrĂĽstung mit Frieden zu verwechseln, ist ein schwerer Fehler.
Winston Churchchill

Leondegrande

• BĂĽrger
« Antwort #7 am: 16. Dezember 2008 - 21:55:08 »

I\'m unable to built proper terrain. Have to learn it by doing it again and again in 2009 :)

Hanno Barka

• Administrator
  • Edelmann
« Antwort #8 am: 16. Dezember 2008 - 23:46:11 »

I also would like to paint more and faster...
Mit meiner brandneuen ergonomischen Gamingtastatur geschrieben. Kryptische Wortschöpfungen sind tastatur-, geschicklichkeits- und koordinationsbedingt und nicht als Zeichen geistigen Verfalls zu werten!

Graue Maus A.D. - Jetzt im Dienst Karthagos nördlich der italischen Alpenpässe.

flytime

• BĂĽrger
« Antwort #9 am: 17. Dezember 2008 - 06:19:41 »

More gaming is my aim at the moment...
Oh  ye\'ll take the high road and I\'ll take the low road,And I\'ll be in Scotland afore ye;
But me and my true love will never meet again. On the bonnie, bonnie banks of Loch Lomond.

Driscoles

• Administrator
  • Edelmann
« Antwort #10 am: 17. Dezember 2008 - 09:14:55 »

Ich möchte eine schöne Zeit mit meinen Kumpels verbringen, spielen, toll bemalte Figuren bestaunen, schönes Gelände haben und reden...über neue Projekte z.B.
Björn
« Letzte Ă„nderung: 01. Januar 1970 - 01:00:00 von 1229513820 »
I got a \'69 Chevy with a 396 Fuelie heads and a Hurst on the floor

Doc Phobos

• Fischersmann
« Antwort #11 am: 17. Dezember 2008 - 11:14:28 »

Take over the world?

Other than that I agree 100% with Driscoles. That\'s my definition of the perfect hobby. Painting faster wouldn\'t hurt either.

Strand

• Edelmann
« Antwort #12 am: 17. Dezember 2008 - 14:44:17 »

Ich glaube, der Satz von Driscoles ist eigentlich die Baseline. Ich bin mehr auf die Frage eingegangen, was ich verbessern könnte.
“Never trade the joy of playing for the pursuit of victory, and lead by example.”

Axebreaker

• BĂĽrger
« Antwort #13 am: 17. Dezember 2008 - 16:25:11 »

@Strand

Zitat
Ich glaube, der Satz von Driscoles ist eigentlich die Baseline. Ich bin mehr auf die Frage eingegangen, was ich verbessern könnte.

Thank you. :)

@Driscoles

Thank you for your input,but Strand is right. ;)  :)

Lt. Hazel

• BĂĽrger
« Antwort #14 am: 17. Dezember 2008 - 16:46:59 »

Ich möchte gerne meinen Output erhöhen was fertigstellen von Armeen, Gelände und Spielen an sich angeht. Ich bin zu schnell abgelenkt vom Internet. Das möchte ich verbessern.
Ein Schelm, wer Böses dabei denkt.