Sweetwater Forum

Sweetwater Forum

• 28. April 2024 - 00:52:56
  • Willkommen Gast
Erweiterte Suche  

Neuigkeiten:

Autor Thema: Seeking advice on Later Seleucids  (Gelesen 1492 mal)

Axebreaker

• Bürger
Seeking advice on Later Seleucids
« am: 07. Juli 2011 - 17:16:55 »

A question for the Successor players of which I\'m just starting to read up on.
I really like the AoA Parthian/Sassanid Clibanarii and Cataphract

http://www.aandaminiatures.co.uk/categories/8

but do not much care for the rest of the army.
The Parthians both fought and co-existed with the Seleucid empire and I really like the Seleucid army as a whole.
I was wondering if it would be too much of a stretch if I use the Parthian AoA miniatures as my heavy cavalry and Cataphracts in a Seleucid army? All opinions welcome. :)

Christopher
« Letzte Änderung: 01. Januar 1970 - 01:00:00 von 1310060787 »

Thomas Kluchert

• Bürger
    • Dice Knights Berlin
« Antwort #1 am: 07. Juli 2011 - 19:16:02 »

Ich würde sagen, dass das sehr gut geht. Zum Einen haben die Seleukiden die Kataphrakte ja von den Parthern übernommen (wahrscheinlich währender der \"anabasis\" Antiochos III. 212-205/5 v. Chr.). Zum Anderen waren die Unterschiede zwischen seleukidischen und parthischen Kataphrakten wahrscheinlich eher minimal. Da gab es ja eine ständige gegenseitige Beeinflussung, wirklich trennscharfe Abgrenzungen hat es in der Antike eh nicht gegegeben.

Axebreaker

• Bürger
« Antwort #2 am: 07. Juli 2011 - 19:40:13 »

Sorry, I meant to say seeking advice, but so far so good. :)

Would the pikes wear pants or no pants?

Christopher
« Letzte Änderung: 01. Januar 1970 - 01:00:00 von 1310061056 »

HereWego

• Schuster
« Antwort #3 am: 08. Juli 2011 - 07:27:36 »

I would say pants because of eastern influence and fillig the gapes with locals from marriages between macs and persians
aka EmporerMa

mein Blog: Der Figurenschieber

WAB?...

Poliorketes

• Bürger
« Antwort #4 am: 08. Juli 2011 - 08:27:25 »

I\'m not so sure about pants for later Seleucids. I always thought the pants have been persian influence. With the later Seleucids being limited to Syria they might have worn syrian dress.
For the cataphracts I don\'t think the AoA sassanids will work, their armour is to heavy. have you seen Gripping Beasts Polemos range? They have seleucid Cataphracts.
Beim Aussteigen stolpert man schon mal über das Dach des nebenan geparkten Autos. Von Parkhäusern reden wir hier lieber nicht. Sagen wir, der Wendekreis ist groß. (Aus einem Test des Ford Ranger)

Axebreaker

• Bürger
« Antwort #5 am: 08. Juli 2011 - 18:07:22 »

@Poliorketes

Your probably right, but I\'m willing to sacrifice historical accuracy for impression. The AoA cataphracts in addition to looking fantastic also give a real eastern feel. Also, I probably will go with the pants on the pikemen as much as possible as again it gives that eastern look that separates them from the other Successors. My main goal is one of impression without completely looking out of place.

PS. I like the GB infantry and some of the cav(not the horses), but their cataphracts don\'t work so well for me.

Christopher